Director – Environment Education
Roles and Responsibilities
WWF-India, one of the largest organizations engaged in wildlife and nature conservation in the country, invites applications from self-motivated, dynamic and experienced individuals with an inherent interest towards the conservation of nature to lead its Environment Education programme and its delivery through our India offices.
This is a senior level position. The Environment Education Division at WWF - India is long established and is amongst our priority programmes.
Location: New Delhi
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Strategy formulation and delivery of WWF-India’s Environment Education initiatives through schools, State Offices and with partner organizations.
- Develop and execute on initiatives to create an interest with students, schools, youth and volunteers on nature connect actions.
- Provide inspiring leadership to team members.
- Provide direction and guidance for the development of content and methodology that relevant and engaging.
- Contribute to Policy matters with National/ State Education Bodies.
- Develop funding proposals to secure long term funding for implementation of strategy.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies required:
- Approx 15 years’ relevant work experience. Knowledge of the education sector, an interest in the environment and working with the target audience is essential.
- Masters degree in a related subject.
- Leadership, with proven execution capability.
- Collaborative. Effective in working with cross functional teams.
- Strong influencing and advocacy skills.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills. Does need to represent WWF India in various external forums.
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references.
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention the complete position name in the subject line. The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
WWF-India is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and will depend upon candidate’s experience levels and the overall WWF-India salary structure. WWF-India does not provide housing, telephone or vehicle facilities.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:NGO / Social Services / Industry Associations
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) in Environmental science
World Wide Fund