Roles and Responsibilities
India’s rapid economic growth is leading to new and increased developmental opportunities and challenges at multiple levels. As one of the largest conservation organisations in the country, WWF-India seeks to leverage these opportunities and address these challenges both through enhancing biodiversity conservation, and reducing humanity’s environmental footprint.
WWF-India’s sustainable business programme is aimed at working with business and industry in improving environmental and social outcomes. These engagements help corporates (1) understand the impact of their business/financing and supply chains on critical natural habitats, such as deforestation, extractives, fossil fuel emissions, and (2) find solutions that mitigate business risks and enhance business opportunities that promote positive conservation outcomes, such as sustainable finance, water stewardship, climate innovation, renewable energy, plastics management.
WWF-India is looking for a dynamic leader with inherent sensitivity towards conservation of nature, to spearhead our work on promoting sustainable practices across businesses, with a particular focus on sectoral transformation. The incumbent shall be responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction to WWF-India’s corporate engagement across the key thematic areas, such as decarbonization (mitigation and energy transition), responsible supply chain, plastics, water stewardship, business and biodiversity, sustainable finance. This will also include corporate & government engagement, including WWF’s global network and external stakeholders.
Location: New Delhi
- Lead and provide strategic direction to WWF’s sustainable business thematic areas, such as decarbonization (mitigation and energy transition), responsible supply chain, plastics, water stewardship, business and biodiversity, and sustainable finance
- Develop and drive implementation of strategies that align with divisional and organisational outcomes
- Promote corporate engagement to drive great adoption of sustainable business practices particularly at the industry level, to drive sectoral transformation
- Manage and plan implementation of priority/flagship projects, including effective delivery and timely execution of projects, including monitoring and reporting
- Lead partnership development and steer policy engagements with decision makers for sectoral level conservation outcomes
- Establish relationships & partnerships with key organisations working in this space to synergize sustainability efforts and achieve impact at scale
- Drive resource mobilization to ensure availability of adequate resources to effectively meet divisionals goals
- Represent WWF-India at key industry fora for creating greater awareness and promoting outreach
- Build team leadership & management to mentor and effectively manage a high performing team
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
- An advanced degree in Environmental Studies/ Natural Sciences/ Business.
- 16 to 20 years work experience in a related field;
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence key stakeholders on the sustainability agenda, especially as it relates to the business world
- Knowledge of corporate sustainability agenda, across thematic areas mentioned earlier; including key national and international policies around these areas.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with businesses on sustainability
- Demonstrated ability to work with policy makers and other key stakeholders
- Strong understanding of the sustainability agenda, across key thematic areas
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills;
- Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to work under pressure, and manage multiple tasks;
- Willingness to travel to attend meetings with key corporate partners in and outside India.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
PG:MBA/PGDM in Any Specialization,MS/M.Sc(Science) in Environmental science
Doctorate:Ph.D/Doctorate in Energy, Environmental
World Wide Fund For Nature India