Roles and Responsibilities
WWF-India, one of the largest conservation organisations, engaged in wildlife and nature conservation in the country, invites applications from candidates with an inherent sensitivity towards the conservation of nature, for the position of Education Officer for Assam location.
The Education Officer will handle the Ek Prithvi and Mission Prakriti and other environment education & outreach programme with schools / colleges / universities in Assam
The Responsibilities include:
- Engage with students, teachers, principals for effective implementation of the program
- Ensure regular visits to schools/colleges to monitor the program
- Organize capacity building workshops and other events for teachers, students
- Collect and collate data as evidences for assessing impact
- Network and coordinate with the School Education Department, Assam.
- Regular reporting on progress of the work
- Outreach and Communicate on wild wisdom quiz, volunteer program (ECHO, DFF, Tide Turner) among various schools and colleges in Assam.
- Initiate Ek Prithvi & Mission Prakriti environment education programmes for schools of Assam.
- Register schools across Assam and North East States to the Wild Wisdom Global Challenge held every year all across India.
- Register schools to the One Planet Academy online digital resources portal of WWF-India.
- Conduct Eco-trails for the general public as well as for the educational institutions.
- Organise various environment education and awareness activities (teachers training, students training, training government officials and non-formal target groups) in the State.
- Strengthen Volunteer programmes viz. ECHO, Dragonfly Festival, Tide Turner Plastic Challenge, etc.
- Designing various publications including educational materials such as posters, pamphlets, stickers, guides, on nature and environment should be done in consultation with experts. Care must be taken to comply with copyright issues while using other published materials.
- Observe at least 4 major environmentally significant days, mobilize support & outreach for Earth Hour Campaign.
- Exploring new avenues/partnerships for undertaking innovative and long-term environmental education activities / projects.
- Prepare monthly reports of activities of State Office send to the State Coordinator
- Any other duties assigned you by the State Coordinator
- The position reports to the State Coordinator, Assam & Arunachal Pradesh State Office.
Education, Experience and Abilities:
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences / Wildlife Biology / Ecology / Environmental Education / Zoology / Environment Science
- At least 2 years of experience in the related field
- Fluency in English and the local language, i.e. Assamese
- Good writing skills are a must
- Capability to prepare training modules and generate resource materials
- Willingness to travel extensively
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention “Education Officer – Assam State Office”, in the subject line. The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of only the short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
WWF-India is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) in Biology, Zoology, Environmental science
World Wide Fund