WWF-India, one of the largest conservation organizations, engaged in wildlife and nature conservation in the country, invites applications from candidates with an inherent sensitivity towards the conservation of nature, to join us as Lead Wetland Ecology at WWF-India Secretariat in New Delhi. The incumbent will be part of the Rivers & Wetlands team.
The incumbent will be the technical lead for integrating aspects of wetland science and ecology in integrated management and conservation of wetlands and rivers. Lead Wetland Ecology will also be responsible for building the emerging area of wetland-river co-management across various river basins in the county.
This position will be a part of a highly experienced team doing some pioneering and exciting work on river (Ganga, Ramganga, Bhavani, Noyyal and Beas) and wetland conservation (Keoladeo National Park, Harike, and urban wetlands in Karnataka). WWF-India works with multiple stakeholders to promote wise and to implement integrated management of wetlands combining aspects of hydrology, geomorphology, aquatic and landscape ecology and biodiversity conservation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical guidance to the team for the delivery of the wetland conservation programme
- Lead technical assessments of wetlands by integrating aspects of hydrology, limnology, ecology and climate change to provide develop and implement participatory integrated management plans.
- Undertake scenario analysis (correlating development drivers, management responses and wetland health) to facilitate prioritization of management and conservation actions
- Design and develop the emerging area of work on wetland-river co-management for basin and community resilience
- Develop and implement information technology enabled citizen science programme on rivers and wetlands across the country.
- Undertake data compilation, analysis and report writing. Publish scientific papers, communication material and donor reports on work conducted from time to time
- Support in design and implementation of robust Monitoring and Evaluation framework for the wetland conservation programme.
- Ph.D on wetland related area or an advanced degree in limnology, aquatic ecology or related field
- Atleast 8-10 years of relevant experience in multi-disciplinary wetland assessments and conservation.
- Proven expertise, experience in wetland restoration will be an added advantage
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts and practices of nature based solutions and ecosystem based adaptation is essential
- Experience in GIS applications and wetland modelling
- Excellent track record of publications in peer reviewed journals
- Experience in managing partnerships and developing fund raising concepts
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Good communication, project execution & planning skills
- Excellent inter-personal and team skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to multi-task and display strong result-oriented approach.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
PG:M.Tech in Any Specialization,MS/M.Sc(Science) in Any Specialization
World Wide Fund For Nature India