Roles and Responsibilities
WWF India, one of the country’s largest conservation organizations is looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic young Senior Education Officer at its Bangalore office. Our Environmental Education programmes are aimed at raising public awareness on conservation issues. Increasingly, programmes are aimed at building green capacity in educational institutions with teachers, youth and schoolchildren; the aim is to generate a cadre of conservation-conscious and motivated citizens who may play role in promoting environmentally sustainable life-styles.
- Initiate Ek Prithvi plus and Mission Prakriti environment education programmes in the schools of Karnataka. Manage and coordinate with Principal and school teachers for active implementation of EE programs.
- Register schools across Karnataka to the Wild Wisdom Quiz competition held every year all across India
- Register schools to the One Planet Academy online digital resources portal of WWF-India
- Conduct Eco-trails for the general public as well as for the educational institutions
- Create Volunteer network as part of the Volunteer Engagement programme of the WWF Environment Education Division.
- Designing and production of IEC materials such as posters, pamphlets, stickers, guides, on nature and environment should be done in consultation with experts. Care must be taken to comply with copyright issues while using other published materials.
- Observe at least 3 major environmentally significant days, mobilize support for Earth Hour and other outreach Campaigns.
- Exploring new avenues/partnerships for undertaking innovative and long-term environmental education activities / projects.
- Prepare and send regular reports on education activities to the State Coordinator
- Preparing budget for Fund raising proposals to corporates.
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Masters degree in Life Sciences / Wildlife Biology / Ecology / Environmental Education
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the related field
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Fluency in English and the local language, i.e. Kannada
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills
- Good writing skills are a must; capability to prepare training modules and generate resource materials
- Willingness to travel extensively
Last Date for sending applications: 5th July, 2022
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references.
Please mention “Senior Education Officer – Karnataka State Office”, in the subject line. The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only.
Applications of only the short listed candidates will be acknowledged. WWF-India is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and will depend upon candidate’s experience levels and the overall WWF-India salary structure. WWF-India does not provide housing, telephone or vehicle facilities.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) in Biology, Zoology, Environmental science
World Wide Fund For Nature India