Roles and Responsibilities
WWF-India is looking for dynamic and self motivated person, with a zeal to work for research supporting environment conservation. The candidate is expected to conduct research– including data analysis and report writing based on the multidisciplinary data and engagement with stakeholders. The position will be based in Dehradun / Delhi.
Location: New Delhi / Dehradun
A key role of this position is to assist in preparation of the State of Environment Report for Uttarakhand.
This will require the following
- Undertake literature review of academic publications and research reports
- Closely coordinate with various Govt. department(s) and other stakeholders for gathering and collating data as required
- Write chapters and sections of the report
- Work with WWF India technical teams to analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative data
- Help to coordinate the timely delivery of a quality report
- Other tasks will be linked to supporting WWF India programme that is specifically looking at conservation of nationally threatened species with research, analysis, coordination and reporting
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
- Masters or higher qualification in field of ecology/wildlife/environment
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the field of research or conservation
- Proven report writing skills
Please note, that the applications of only the short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
WWF-India is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and will depend upon candidate’s experience levels and the overall WWF-India salary structure. WWF-India does not provide housing, telephone or vehicle facilities.
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references.
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention “Senior Programme Officer (National Conservation Program)”, in the subject line. The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of only the short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
PG:M.Tech in Environmental,MS/M.Sc(Science) in Zoology, Environmental science
World Wide Fund For Nature India